- Why I am working so hard for such a small paycheck, living with my parents, and still not being able to save any money.
- Why student loans have to exist in the magnitude they do.
- How even when I think about getting a second job I panic that I won’t have time for my first job and my performance will suffer… or that I won’t have any kind of life after that.
- How anyone who is not a teacher automatically assumes that my job requires little work, and fails to understand that I don’t just show up, do my thang, and leave–that I actually sometimes work at the school until 7 and take things home with me just to ensure that I don’t fall behind.
- Kids coming into my room for help during my prep period. I love helping them, but how in God’s name can I get anything done if they are having a mid-life crisis about writing their essay?
- The lack of money I have for Christmas presents for reasons 1-3.
Please excuse my December existential crisis. It too shall pass, but in the meantime, you bet I’m going to freak out.